Monday 13 July 2009

My blogging experience.

Hi guys, at this time I will write about my blogging experience.
Although I’ve always spent a lot of time using the computer, either chatting with my friends or sharing photos with them, I’ve never had a blog before. This very original way of presenting the tasks for the English Class, has opened a new world for me. This cyber world gives me the chance to write about any subject of my interest and share it with my friends.
For me this was a nice experience because it is a different way of learning. It has helped me a lot to improve my writing, but I’m not quite sure if the same happened with my speaking. Anyway, it was good because it allowed me to learn English enjoying this subject.
Another interesting thing of this work is that it has helped me to share this learning process with my classmates. We have helped each other correcting our texts, we have talked about it and I can say that it is an advantage to learn in group. I also got to know better my classmates because I added them like favorites friends in my blog, allowing me to read their histories and knowing part of their lives.
The different tasks that the teacher assigned us, allowed us to write about funny things in my life and I really enjoyed posting my classmates’ blogs.
As I mentioned at the beginning one of the things that I consider a disadvantage is the fact that we spent much more time improving our writing than our speaking. I think it would be great to include in the English class periodic and original activities that can help us improve our speaking.
I’m really sad because this is the last task of the term and I think it will take me a while to use this blog again.
Good bye!

1 comment:

  1. Very good, Catalina. Thank you for your comments.

    I will have to discount one point from your final mark for your tardiness, though.

    This is the marking criteria used:

    All aspects of the task are very well handled. 3 points.

    Excellent use of lexical resources.
    3 points.

    Grammar is excellent and almost error-free.
    3 points.

    Score: 9 Grade: 7 – 1: 6

    ReplyDelete